6/04 – present Owner & Solutions Architect - Naresh Systems, Inc. Riverview FL
4/12 - 4/13 Sr. Software Engineer – MTS Medication Technologies. St. Petersburg FL
- Analyzed, architected, invented and proposed advanced system redesign/enhancements for feederbase and RFID which reduces time to manufacture, cost, space, improve reliability and MTBF.
- Developed reports in VB 6 for Medical Adherence machines.
- Created integrated Oracle database backup utility
- Handled NDCs, prescription data, machine controls
- Developed automated Omron Temperature Controller utility in VB 6
- Wrote code in C++ for Atmel AVR embedded microcontroller sub-system
- Scripting for Oracle database
- Reverse engineered several systems
10/11 - 2/12 Sr. App Developer Cook Systems Int’l Inc. (contracted at FEDEX) Lakeland FL
Developed VB 6 code, documented test procedures, working independently and as a project contributor.
- Wrote code for high performance front-end GUI screens that interfaced with existing back-end services. Object Oriented coding.
- Improved existing systems and performed product customizations.
- Troubleshooted and ensured timely and effective resolutions of project issues.
- Developed and documented appropriate tests for various components.
8/06 – 5/10 Consultant - Veredus Corp (contracted at HealthPlan Services) Tampa FL
Proposed architected and carried out extensive automation, development & enhancements to Docucorp, FRED & intranet websites resulting in Orders of Magnitude of improvements (10x, 100x, 1000x, etc.). Prevented many costly human errors. Analyzed and proposed companywide Automation, 10 times improvements for onboarding customers and incidences, to the senior management.
- Extensive maintenance and development with VB6, VBA, VBScript and Win Batch code for Word/Excel/Access/SQL Server 2000 and Win 2000/2003 Server platforms.
- Data modeling and requirements gathering for several projects and applications.
- Wrote stored procedures/trigger/ built tables, scripts, file system, ftp, zip, developed apps to purge servers. Created several automated email reports.
- Developed automated EDelivery VB 6 desktop app to ftp PDF docs, audit trail/logs for Humana.
- Automated ACORDE reporting with Win Batch diagnostics utility.
- Greatly sped up FRED Notes and reduced file size about 10x
- Automated Outlook email extraction of customer reports and trigger processes.
- Created custom Excel Utility applications with VBA: AVMA file conversion & ftp, Humana Set Status.
- Created Access 2000 application (VBA), FRED Purge, to purge 1,000s of Word documents with automated email report & self-cleanup utility.
- Analyzed and proposed a fully automated, mission critical & integrated ftp system with extensive audit trails, email reporting & end-end checks.
- Analyzed and proposed vast improvements ( > 7,000%) for data extraction from the mainframe for Humana, their largest customer.
- Analyzed and proposed vast improvements for the existing FRED application: mission critical, integrated, extensive audit trails, email reporting, automated analysis, 10x speed enhancements & end-end checks.
- Redesigned & coded complex Group Case Summary Word doc for AG, providing vast improvements in runtime > 800%, file size reduced > 900% compared with previous. Currently able to run very complex cases. Vastly improved maintainability and flexibility; increased 20 classes to unlimited.
- Extensive documentation: High Level Design, Detailed Design and User Manuals.
- Developed Test Plans for several applications, modifications & updates.
- Provided Production Support for all applications.
- Business Intelligence: created several Excel/HTML Reports for the senior management.
2/06 – 8/06 Consultant - Princeton Information (contracted at Syniverse) Tampa FL
- Maintained, redesigned and automated MS Access databases for reports, 1100% improvement.
- Automated Excel report generation with complex pivot tables,reduced runtime (1 hr to 10 sec).
- Automated Outlook email extraction of customer data. Greatly improved efficiencies.
- Extensive VBA & SQL coding.
- Parsed Excel data for import into MySQL application.
6/05 – 1/06 Contractor for Graphical Controls, Inc. Brandon FL
- Developed MS Access reports for WW/MMI - Dunedin County Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Developed Alarm Report and Tag Search Utility projects at Teco using IndustrialSQL 7.0, MS Access and interfacing with Wonderware (InTouch).
- Wrote VB Scripts, T-SQL, built views, tables, SQL and DTS packages.
- Developed front-end in Access 2002 using SQL, VBA, forms, reports and ADO.
3/05- 09/05 Consultant - Veredus Corp. (contracted at CBSI) Tampa FL
- Developed scripts for Billing project, report retrieval forms in VBA for integration into Great Plains
- Maintained IIS ASP scripts, wrote SQL, DTS package
- FTP automation for uploading billing file to mainframe
- Built tables in SQL 2000 for customer’s demo website.
11/03 – 3/04 Programmer - Image Techn. Resources Inc. (Contracted at NKS) Tampa FL
- Developed VBA code for MS Word 2000 reports, ODBC to Lotus Notes Domino
9/01 – 3/03 Consulting Eng - Graphical Controls, Inc. (contracted at Teco) Brandon FL
- Conceptualized, designed, coded and prototyped (VB 6) Turbine Information Center (touch screen industrial computer, Win 2000, Trend, Modbus & serial interface) for Bently Nevada TSI systems.
- Project management, design and documentation for TSI installations, generators (180 - 490) MW.
- Maintained mission-critical MMI, Turbine Supervisory Instrument (TSI) at Teco.
- Developed Excel Report with graphs (VBA code) for probe linearity & verification reports.
- Used ODBC to extract Excel reports and trend graphs from Intellution MMI.
- Developed & conducted TSI training using PowerPoint.
- Developed MMI apps in iFix, Fix32, InTouch, Created AutoCAD drawings
- Installed many applications on various networked PCs & servers.
- Installed IndustrialSQL on dual hot standby mission-critical servers for FGD plant.
- Redesigned LAN, configure switches, Nics & fiber converters, AlliedTelesyn, 3Com.
6/00 – 9/00 Programmer - Romac (Contracted at Florida Power) Tampa FL
- Maintained and expanded Visual Basic Waste Management VB 6 desktop program
- Wrote code for Oracle 8 backend.
- Developed and modified reports with MS Access.
- Built Classes, SQL scripts, tables.
2/00 – 5/00 System Programmer Analyst II - Health Resource Pub Co. St. Petersburg FL
- Redesigned, coded & provided detailed documentation with process flowcharts for Unicon Process Utility, using VB 6, Access 97 & Oracle 8
- Made significant enhancements (>900%) & conversion from RDO to ADO
- Maintained Order Control System.
6/96 – 3/00 President/Developer/Owner Naresh Industries, Inc. Brandon FL
- Full life cycle software development in VB 5.0/6.0 & Access 97 for manufacturing.
- Custom developed software: xWeigh, xClock & AutoMatch Pro
- Design Pic uP, RS485 network based "One Touch" control unit for barcode matchcode apps, Office 97
3/98 – 1/99 Consultant - Geac Publishing System Tampa FL
- Design and Develop applications using VB 5.0/6.0, T-SQL, SQL 6.5, Access 97, Office 97, for Newspaper Circulation.
- Internet client/server Apps - Visual Interdev, VB Script, ADO, COM, ASP, ActiveX (VB 6, UserDocs), HTML, DHTML, FrontPage
1999Microsoft Certified Professional VB 6 (Exams 70-175 & 70-176)
1984 – 1985Business Studies Part I - University of the West Indies, Papine, Jamaica W.I.
1977 – 1981University of Technology - formerly College of Arts, Science & Technology, Papine, Jamaica W.I.
Telecommunications Technician Course – Full Tech (City & Guilds of London Institute)
Corrective and Preventive Action Process (Omnicell training)
Microsoft Partner Program & online
Small Business Sales and Marketing Skills Assessment (SQL 2005)
SQL 2008 (9 components for 70-433 exam)
Windows 7 (Omnicell training)
Wonderware InTouch Foundation
Fred Pryor Seminars
Managing Multiple ProjectsHow to Supervise People
Management problems of the Technical Person in a Leadership Role
Harris Corporation Controls & Composition, Melbourne, Fl
Harris 9000 Programming
Westronics RTU 6000
United StatesTelecommunications Training Institute, Washington D.C.
AT&T - Telecommunications Planning & Economic Decision Making
Western Union - Management & Supervisory Techniques
Motorola - 800 Mhz Trunked radio
Jamaica Public Service Company (power company)
Supervision, Personnel Relations, Time Management – Internal training seminars
Protective Relaying - Westinghouse
Teleprotective Relaying, Intra Company Phone, EPABX - RFL Industries, Inc.
Jamaica Telephone Service Company
Strowger 2000 Type Step-by-Step telephone exchange equipment
Microsoft Partner Program
Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers, NY, NY (1980s & 90s)