6/04 – present Owner & Solutions Architect - Naresh Systems, Inc. Lithia FL
9/17 - 9/18 Physical Security Engineer - RMS Computer (contr at Citigroup) Tampa FL
- Proposed Lean Architecture for BMS with potential saving of about $4M. Extrapolation of this Design Philosophy across the company is potentially worth several $Ms more, in savings to Citigroup with improved profitability, reliability, efficiency and maintainability.
- Analyzed and modeled an Ideal BMS to normalize design, enhance efficiency, speed up deployment, reduce cost and maintainability.
- Vendor evaluation of Building Management Systems (BMS), Industrial Control Systems, for data centers and deployment of thousands of systems globally.
- Systems Integration, wrote PowerShell scripts, T-SQL triggers for Notifications, SMS, email, phone. Setup SMTP servers.
- Managed certification process for BMS with emphasis on compliance & security. Created Engineering Test Plan.
- Created/Maintained/Updated several technical documents including Installation Manuals, Business Requirements, Functional Requirements.
- Worked with Win Server 2012R2, 2016, SQL Server 2014 & 2016, BACnet, Siemens Desigo, Schneider Electric, Wonderware, Automation.
- Identified threat scenarios and proposed new Trust Model for the company which would protect it from certain Attack Vectors, globally.
- Setup Lab Virtual Machines, VMware vSphere ESXi 6.5, ran BACnet/HMI simulations.
7/15 - 3/17 Sr. Software Eng/Consultant – Oxford Global (contr at eMagin Corp) Hopewell Junction, NY
- Proposed & developed radically new micro display Test Station (VGA, WUXGA, SXGA, DSVGA) using: Raspberry Pi, TCP socket, servo & Python which vastly improved the reliability, process, physical setup and cost.
- Extensive re-factoring, developed, upgraded VB.Net GUI automation code in VS 2010/2013/2015 for several Test Stations. Com port coding on Win XP, 7 & 10
- Developed utility, analysis in VBA, MS Excel 2010/2013, Access back-end
- Analyzed hardware & software issues and made proposals for several improvements, 1000% life expectancy for test fixtures.
- Chromaticity analysis, CIEs, plot graphs troubleshoot and deduce causes
- Automate/code Photo Research & Ocean Optics spectrometers
4/12 - 4/13 Sr. Software Engineer – MTS Medication Technologies. St. Petersburg FL
- Analyzed, architected, invented and proposed advanced system redesign/enhancements for feederbase and RFID which reduces time to manufacture, cost, space, improve reliability and MTBF.
- Developed reports in VB 6 for Medical Adherence machines.
- Created integrated Oracle database backup utility
- Handled NDCs, prescription data, machine controls
- Developed automated Omron Temperature Controller utility in VB 6
- Wrote code in C++ for Atmel AVR embedded microcontroller sub-system
- Scripting for Oracle database
- Reverse engineered several systems
10/11 - 2/12 Sr. App Developer Cook Systems Int’l Inc. (contracted at FEDEX) Lakeland FL
Developed VB 6 code, documented test procedures, working independently and as a project contributor.
- Wrote code for high performance front-end GUI screens that interfaced with existing back-end services. Object Oriented coding.
- Improved existing systems and performed product customizations.
- Troubleshooted and ensured timely and effective resolutions of project issues.
- Developed and documented appropriate tests for various components.
8/06 – 5/10 Consultant - Veredus Corp (contracted at HealthPlan Services) Tampa FL
Proposed architected and carried out extensive automation, development & enhancements to Docucorp, FRED & intranet websites resulting in Orders of Magnitude of improvements (10x, 100x, 1000x, etc.). Prevented many costly human errors. Analyzed and proposed to the senior management: companywide Automation, 10 times improvements for onboarding customers and incidences.
- Extensive maintenance and development with VB6, VBA, VBScript and Win Batch code for Word/Excel/Access/SQL Server 2000 and Win 2000/2003 Server platforms.
- Data modeling and requirements gathering for several projects and applications.
- Wrote stored procedures/trigger/ built tables, scripts, file system, ftp, zip, developed apps to purge servers. Created several automated email reports.
- Developed automated EDelivery VB 6 desktop app to ftp PDF docs, audit trail/logs for Humana.
- Automated ACORDE reporting with Win Batch diagnostics utility.
- Greatly sped up FRED Notes and reduced file size about 10x
- Automated Outlook email extraction of customer reports and trigger processes.
- Created custom Excel Utility applications with VBA: AVMA file conversion & ftp, Humana Set Status.
- Created Access 2000 application (VBA), FRED Purge, to purge 1,000s of Word documents with automated email report & self-cleanup utility.
- Analyzed and proposed a fully automated, mission critical & integrated ftp system with extensive audit trails, email reporting & end-end checks.
- Analyzed and proposed vast improvements ( > 7,000%) for data extraction from the mainframe for Humana, their largest customer.
- Analyzed and proposed vast improvements for the existing FRED application: mission critical, integrated, extensive audit trails, email reporting, automated analysis, 10x speed enhancements & end-end checks.
- Redesigned & coded complex Group Case Summary Word doc for AG, providing vast improvements in runtime > 800%, file size reduced > 900% compared with previous. Currently able to run very complex cases. Vastly improved maintainability and flexibility; increased 20 classes to unlimited.
- Extensive documentation: High Level Design, Detailed Design and User Manuals.
- Developed Test Plans for several applications, modifications & updates.
- Provided Production Support for all applications.
- Business Intelligence: created several Excel/HTML Reports for the senior management.
2/06 – 8/06 Consultant - Princeton Information (contracted at Syniverse) Tampa FL
- Maintained, redesigned and automated MS Access databases for reports, 1100% improvement.
- Automated Excel report generation with complex pivot tables,reduced runtime (1 hr to 10 sec).
- Automated Outlook email extraction of customer data. Greatly improved efficiencies.
- Extensive VBA & SQL coding.
- Parsed Excel data for import into MySQL application.
6/05 – 1/06 Contractor for Graphical Controls, Inc. Brandon FL
- Developed MS Access reports for WW/MMI - Dunedin County Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Developed Alarm Report and Tag Search Utility projects at Teco using IndustrialSQL 7.0, MS Access and interfacing with Wonderware (InTouch).
- Wrote VB Scripts, T-SQL, built views, tables, SQL and DTS packages.
- Developed front-end in Access 2002 using SQL, VBA, forms, reports and ADO.
3/05- 09/05 Consultant - Veredus Corp. (contracted at CBSI) Tampa FL
- Developed scripts for Billing project, report retrieval forms in VBA for integration into Great Plains
- Maintained IIS ASP scripts, wrote SQL, DTS package
- FTP automation for uploading billing file to mainframe
- Built tables in SQL 2000 for customer’s demo website.
11/03 – 3/04 Programmer - Image Techn. Resources Inc. (Contracted at NKS) Tampa FL
- Developed VBA code for MS Word 2000 reports, ODBC to Lotus Notes Domino
9/01 – 3/03 Consulting Eng - Graphical Controls, Inc. (contracted at Teco) Brandon FL
- Conceptualized, designed, coded and prototyped (VB 6) Turbine Information Center (touch screen industrial computer, Win 2000, Trend, Modbus & serial interface) for Bently Nevada TSI systems.
- Project management, design and documentation for TSI installations, generators (180 - 490) MW.
- Maintained mission-critical MMI, Turbine Supervisory Instrument (TSI) at Teco.
- Developed Excel Report with graphs (VBA code) for probe linearity & verification reports.
- Used ODBC to extract Excel reports and trend graphs from Intellution MMI.
- Developed & conducted TSI training using PowerPoint.
- Developed MMI apps in iFix, Fix32, InTouch, Created AutoCAD drawings
- Installed many applications on various networked PCs & servers.
- Installed IndustrialSQL on dual hot standby mission-critical servers for FGD plant.
- Redesigned LAN, configure switches, Nics & fiber converters, AlliedTelesyn, 3Com.
6/00 – 9/00 Programmer - Romac (Contracted at Florida Power) Tampa FL
- Maintained and expanded Visual Basic Waste Management VB 6 desktop program
- Wrote code for Oracle 8 backend.
- Developed and modified reports with MS Access.
- Built Classes, SQL scripts, tables.
2/00 – 5/00 System Programmer Analyst II - Health Resource Pub Co. St. Petersburg FL
- Redesigned, coded & provided detailed documentation with process flowcharts for Unicon Process Utility, using VB 6, Access 97 & Oracle 8
- Made significant enhancements (>900%) & conversion from RDO to ADO
- Maintained Order Control System.
6/96 – 3/00 President/Developer/Owner Naresh Industries, Inc. Brandon FL
- Full life cycle software development in VB 5.0/6.0 & Access 97 for manufacturing.
- Custom developed software: xWeigh, xClock & AutoMatch Pro
- Design Pic uP, RS485 network based "One Touch" control unit for barcode matchcode apps, Office 97
3/98 – 1/99 Consultant - Geac Publishing System Tampa FL
- Design and Develop applications using VB 5.0/6.0, T-SQL, SQL 6.5, Access 97, Office 97, for Newspaper Circulation.
- Internet client/server Apps - Visual Interdev, VB Script, ADO, COM, ASP, ActiveX (VB 6, UserDocs), HTML, DHTML, FrontPage
2/94 – 10/97 Projects Engineer - Diamond Products Seffner FL
Proposed and pioneered Process Improvements in 1994 which was adopted by the parent company Havatampa and its group of companies. This had a major impact on the whole business. Greatly improved efficiencies.
- Conceptualize & Developed (Full life cycle VB 3.0 & 4.0) Integrated pharmaceutical Label Compliance system (Watchdog), using networked PCs, RS 485 & laser barcode scanners.
- Proposed & automated filling lines 1 and 2 with Omron PLCs and AC inverters, developed Omron PLC ladder programs, designed electrical control ccts. Improved safety & efficiencies
- Invented and built Liquid Filling machine using PLC controls & pneumatics, enabling rapid change-over, improved product safety, drew the attention of the President & Board of Directors
- Proposed, designed & implemented a liquid product delivery system with ultrasonic transducers & AC Inverter for improved performance.
- Proposed, designed & implemented modifications to several machines for improved performance.
- Proposed, invented and built Piezoelectric Label Edge Detection sensor for difficult transparent labels
- Proposed & automated production report with VB 3.0, Access 2.0 and Lotus 5.0, trending graphs
- Extensive documentation, CAD, schematics
- Recommended, purchased software and equipment
- Proposed, created & conducted several Training Courses for management & technical staff.
1999Microsoft Certified Professional VB 6 (Exams 70-175 & 70-176)
1984 – 1985Business Studies Part I - University of the West Indies, Papine, Jamaica W.I.
1977 – 1981University of Technology - formerly College of Arts, Science & Technology, Papine, Jamaica W.I.
Telecommunications Technician Course – Full Tech (City & Guilds of London Institute)
Currently training on Amazon Web Services, IoT, Internet Security, Virtualization.
Corrective and Preventive Action Process - CAR (Omnicell training)
Microsoft Partner Program & online
Small Business Sales and Marketing Skills Assessment (SQL 2005)
SQL 2008 (9 components for 70-433 exam)
Windows 7 (Omnicell training)
Wonderware InTouch Foundation
Fred Pryor Seminars
Managing Multiple ProjectsHow to Supervise People
Management problems of the Technical Person in a Leadership Role
Harris Corporation Controls & Composition, Melbourne, Fl
Harris 9000 Programming
Westronics RTU 6000
United StatesTelecommunications Training Institute, Washington D.C.
AT&T - Telecommunications Planning & Economic Decision Making
Western Union - Management & Supervisory Techniques
Motorola - 800 Mhz Trunked radio
Jamaica Public Service Company (power company)
Supervision, Personnel Relations, Time Management – Internal training seminars
Protective Relaying - Westinghouse
Teleprotective Relaying, Intra Company Phone, EPABX - RFL Industries, Inc.
Jamaica Telephone Service Company
Strowger 2000 Type Step-by-Step telephone exchange equipment
Microsoft Partner Program
Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers, NY, NY (1980s & 90s)