Process Improvement Ideas
For many years I have pioneered Process Improvements, Automation and reengineering which resulted in dramatic gains for several businesses. I have illustrations below, for some ideas that I brought to the table. I will be adding to this list over time. Continuous Process Improvements is a really good idea!
The Next Level
Here are 7 scenarios:
Advantages of Process Improvements
There are many great advantages in pursuing Process Improvements, Automation and reengineering. Here are some points:
My experiences are in these areas:
- Efficiency increases. More profits are generated as a direct result of making your processes more efficient.
- Reduce manpower. This reduces your labor cost.
- Reduce waste.
- Reduce human errors. When you use automation, serious errors are reduced which can be costly.
- Improve safety and security.
- Deliver goods and services more quickly.
- Your business is much more competitive.
- Gain a large percentage increase in yearly revenues. Generate millions of dollars per year.
- Manufacturing - Pharmaceutical, Packaging
- Power Generation
- Power Distribution
- Health Insurance
- Industrial Controls
- SDLC, SCRUM, Agile, Extreme Programming
- Systems Design
- Systems Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- 100% Automation Solutions
- Data Modeling
- Visual Studio 2010/2013/2015
- PLC ladder logic, Windows GUI and Mnemonics
- C, C++, C#
- Atmel Studio 6.0
- SQL Server 7.0/2000/2014/2016/DB2/Oracle
- Win Batch Script
- MS Office 97/2000/2002/2003/2010/2013/2016
- Windows Based solutions
- Windows Server NT 4, 2000/2003/2012R2/2016
- Windows Internet Information Server 5, 6, 8.5, 10
- AutoCad, TurboCad
- HMI / MMI Wonderware, Intellution - iFix, Fix32
- Industrial SQL/Historian
- iMatchCode ™ Label verification System, Label Compliance
- PLC Omron, Allen Bradley
- Electric Motors AC/DC/Stepper/Servo
- Standby Generators 4 to 490 KVA
- VFD (AC Inverter)
- UPS 0.3 to 50 KVA
- RFID 125 KHz, 13 MHz
- MMI/HMI Wonderware, Intellution
- Turbine Supervisory Instrument (TSI) 180- 490 MW generators
- Conventional Electromechanical
- Build/Prototype machines and systems - Filler, barcode, TSI etc.
- Windmoller & Holscher tuber and bottomer (cement sacks)
- WiFi, web server, TCP sockets
- Granger Associates Microwave systems 900Mhz & 1.5 Ghz
- DTL 7300 Analog Multiplex Systems
- RFL Power Line Carrier Systems
- General Electric Power Line Carrier systems
- Motorola, GE, Marconi, Aerotron - VHF/UHF Radios
- Strowger Step-by-Step 2000 Type Telephone Exchange
- Ratheon and JRC marine radar
- Harris Energy Management (S.C.A.D.A.) System
- Quindar S.C.A.D.A. System
- Westronics 6000 RTU
- Analog and Digital
- CCTV, Audio amplifiers, mixer
- Microcontrollers: Raspberry Pi Zero W, A, B, 3, ATmega2560, ATmega328P, ESP8266, ATTiny44A/85, PIC16F84 & 73A
(...) - training only